Setting up winutils.exe on Windows (64 bit)
In the above video, we will setup Winutils.exe
- This is only in Windows, not in Mac or Linux.
- To download Winutils.exe, click here
- Unzip the folder, Create a new folder in C Drive names as Hadoop.
- Create a new folder in Hadoop named as bin, paste the winutils.exe in the bin folder.
- Setup environment variables, under the system variables, click on new, give a variable name as HADOOP_HOME, and variable value as C:\hadoop.
- Go to PATH, give the path as C:\hadoop\bin
- In Command Prompt, enter winutils.exe, to check whether it is accessible to us or not.
- Then, winutils.exe setup is done.
Setup Data Sets – retail_db
In the above video, we will see how to setup datasets
- To access the Datasets, click here
- Download the repository as a zip file.
- Unzip the file and copy all the files into C drive by creating a new folder and paste.
- Go to retail_db folder, it is having some data sets.
- Open the retail_db dataset and it is having some values.
- Make sure you have this dataset, before building Spark based applications.