Here are the high-level details to set up a local CDH Repository.
- We can install CDH directly from public repositories. However, it is not a good idea to use public repositories directly while using Packages.
- Network Intensive
- Behind the Firewall
- We will facilitate only one host to connect to public repositories.
- Parcels – Server on which Cloudera Manager is running or a Proxy Server
- Packages – Local yum repository server
- We typically do not set up CDH repository for Parcels.
- High-level instructions
- Identify server on which yum repository should be set up.
- Setup web server such as Apache Web Server (HTTPD).
- Download repo files from Cloudera under DocumentRoot of Apache Web Server.
- Create repositories for CM and CDH
- Update repo files pointing to local yum repository servers
- Validate by running yum repolist and yum list all commands.