Let us see how we can rebalance the cluster.
- Rebalancing is typically related to HDFS.
- We have a component called as balancer as part of HDFS.
- The balancer can run by itself, however, we can kickoff balancer by ourselves.
- We can use Cloudera Manager Web Interface to rebalance the cluster. Go to Actions -> Rebalance the Cluster
- We can also use hdfs balancer command to balance data in all data nodes in the cluster.
- To balance data within disks on a given node, we can use hdfs diskbalancer command. However, this is not used that common.