Let us go through the pre-defined functions available in Postgresql.
- Overview of Pre-Defined Functions
- String Manipulation Functions
- Date Manipulation Functions
- Overview of Numeric Functions
- Data Type Conversion
- Handling Null Values
- Using CASE and WHEN
- Exercises – Pre-Defined Functions
Here are the key objectives of this section.
- How to use official documentation of Postgres to get syntax and symantecs of the pre-defined functions?
- Understand different categories of functions
- How to use functions effectively using real world examples?
- How to manipulate strings and dates?
- How to deal with nulls, convert data types etc?
- Self evaluate by solving the exercises by using multiple functions in tandem.