Let us understand more about Cygwin as well as setting up of Ubuntu using Windows Subsystem.
- Setup Cygwin
- Install ssh and telnet
- Overview of Cygwin
- Setup Ubuntu using Windows Subsystem
- Overview of Ubuntu on Windows
Let us understand how to setup Cygwin on Windows.
- Download installer from this link (use 64 bit)
- Launch the installer and set up base packages of Cygwin
- Make sure to choose a mirror and leave default. If you want to install everything then you should choose Full instead of All. Choosing Full will take a lot more time to setup Cygwin.
- Once installed launch Cygwin and go through the directory structure.
Install ssh and telnet
Overview of Cygwin
Setup Ubuntu using Windows Subsystem
Overview of Ubuntu on Windows