Writing Basic SQL Queries¶
As part of this section we will primarily focus on writing basic queries.
- Standard Transformations
- Overview of Data Model
- Define Problem Statement – Daily Product Revenue
- Preparing Tables
- Selecting or Projecting Data
- Filtering Data
- Joining Tables – Inner
- Joining Tables – Outer
- Performing Aggregations
- Sorting Data
- Solution – Daily Product Revenue
Here are the key objectives for this section
- What are different standard transformations and how they are implemented using Basic SQL?
- Understand the data model using which basic SQL features are explored?
- Setup the database, tables and load the data quickly
- How we typically select or project the data, filter the data, join data from multiple tables, compute metrics using aggregate functions, sort the data etc?
- While exploring basic SQL queries, we will define a problem statement and come up with a solution at the end.
- Self evaluate whether one understood all the key aspects of writing basic SQL queries using exercises at the end.