As emphasized earlier queries against Hive Databases can be run using different Query Engines.
- Map Reduce which is the default
- Tez which comes as part of Hortonworks distribution.
- Impala which comes as part of Cloudera distribution.
- Drill which comes as part of MapR distribution.
- Presto which is developed in Facebook
- Spark SQL which comes as part of Spark.
Let us see a brief demo about running queries using some of the distributed processing engines – Map Reduce, Tez, Impala, Spark SQL etc.