Now let us have a look at how to create directories and manage ownership.
- By default hdfs is superuser of HDFS
hadoop fs -mkdir– to create directories
hadoop fs -chown– to change ownership of files
- chown can also be used to change the group. We can change the group using -chgrp command as well. Make sure to run -help on chgrp and check the details.
- Creating user space
- Create directory with user id cloudera under /user
- Change ownership to the same name as the directory created earlier (/user/cloudera)
- You can validate permissions by using hadoop fs -ls command on /user
- Let us create OS users on bigdataserver-1 and then user spaces for cloudera, itversity and demo.
- We will be using these to demonstrate ACLs.