Apache Hadoop is an open-source software framework for distributed storage and distributed processing of very large datasets on computer clusters built from commodity hardware. All the modules in Hadoop are designed with a fundamental assumption that hardware failures are common and should be automatically handled by the framework.
Typically Hadoop cluster can have few hundreds to few thousand nodes/physical servers. Setting up plain vanilla or Apache Hadoop and monitoring it can be a tedious task and hence there are several distributions which provide tools for setting up and managing the clusters.
HDP Certified Developer (HDPCD)
Hortonworks has redesigned its certification program to create an industry-recognized certification where individuals prove their Hadoop knowledge by performing actual hands-on tasks on a Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) cluster, as opposed to answering multiple-choice questions. The HDP Certified Developer (HDPCD) exam is the first of our new hands-on, performance-based exams designed for Hadoop developers working with frameworks like Pig, Hive, Sqoop, and Flume.
Why should one get certified?
- Tests level of understanding of several Hadoop ecosystem tools
- Instill confidence in individuals while delivering projects
- Certifications can give some traction in job search process
- Instills confidence in taking the interviews
- Separate certifications for separate roles
- Tests breadth and depth of ecosystem tools
- Most of the certifications are no more objective, they are scenario based on simulating real-world problems
Where should one get certified?
- Certifications issued by major Big Data vendors such as Cloudera, Hortonworks, Databricks are well recognized
- Most of these certifications are online and proctored
- Certifications can be taken from anywhere with Computer with Webcam
- No need to visit Proctor centers
Candidates for the HPDCD exam should be able to perform each of the tasks in the list of exam objectives below. Candidates are also encouraged to attempt the practice exam. Visit Official Website for more details
Hadoop Developer Exam (HDPCD) Details
- Number of Questions: 7–10 performance-based (hands-on) tasks on Hortonworks cluster.
- Time Limit: 120 minutes
- Passing Score: 70%
- Language: English
- Price: USD $250